I was tempted to order pizza. Extremely tempted.
I was tired… And I didn’t feel like cooking, much less cleaning up.
Then I remembered this easy Oven Chicken Parmesan recipe from FoxandBriar.com. It’s simple, done in under 30 minutes, and the clean up is minimal.
This recipe is also easy to adapt based on the ingredients you have on hand. Do you have chicken breasts, marinara sauce or store-bought tomato sauce, bread crumbs or panko, and some cheese? You’re good to go.
I’ve tried other healthy baked chicken parmesan recipes. There are many out there… even those that have no bread crumbs at all. They aren’t worth it. Save yourself from these bland, boring chicken parmesan recipes. Go with this FoxnandBriar version.
Follow the recipe instructions to the letter or improvise with what you have. No matter, this recipe is a keeper. It’s satisfying and unpretentious.
Why this recipe works:
- Feel free to tailor this recipe to your own taste buds. Let the staples you have in your pantry guide you. You don’t need to follow this recipe to the letter for it to be good.
- Use plain panko or breadcrumbs and add your spices or use pre-spiced Italian or Garlic and Herb bread crumbs. I used Garlic and Herb bread crumbs this time because that’s what I had.
- Use FoxandBriar’s marinara recipe, use your own favorite tomato sauce, or use the store-bought one I recommend: Rao’s Homemade (which is what I did this time).
- Yes, freshly shredded mozzarella and parmesan is best, but I usually have some sliced mozzarella on hand and yes, grated parmesan which works well.
- Serve Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan with a lovely green side salad of your choice. I recommend one that’s Italian-inspired… dressed simply in balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Clean-up is next to nothing. If you pound your chicken breasts between sheets of cling wrap and bake it on a sheet of tin foil as FoxandBriar instructs, you’ll only have dishes to put in the dishwasher when you’re done. Or you can buy thin-sliced chicken breasts and save time. If you do, make sure you keep an eye on the cook time. Your chicken parm may bake faster depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
- This recipe would be great to use if you are hosting a crowd.
This healthy chicken parmesan recipe by FoxandBriar.com is the quick dish that will save you from the Almighty Just Order Pizza Monster. Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan by FoxandBriar is Nancy Approved.